Popular culture has made us believe since childhood that oranges and citrus fruits, in general, are the main sources of vitamin C (ascorbic acid) at our disposal. Although the contribution of vitamin C of these fruits is not negligible, there are fruits that exceed the amounts that can provide us with this antioxidant, and by far. Acerola cherry, also known as Antillean cherry or Barbados cherry, is native to South America and is one of the fruits with the highest vitamin C content,
Acerola is a small red fruit very similar to cherries that is characterized by its mild and acid taste at the same time. Bright red it is a tropical and subtropical species. In general, it does not withstand temperatures below 7º C for long periods. Due to its favorable climate and soil, Brazil is currently the leading producer of acerola in the world.
Organic acerola powder extract:
Due to its delicate conservation and its tropical nature, it is very difficult to consume fresh acerola. So our health can take advantage of the benefits of this, through products that have been developed, such as organic acerola powder or high-quality acerola capsules.
Organic acerola powder benefits:
Acerola is a fruit with multiple benefits and health properties for what has traditionally been used to prevent colds and other respiratory diseases, but has also been given the use of fungicide (combat fungi), anti-inflammatory, anti-anemic, astringent and diuretic: however the main feature is its high content of vitamin C, which can be up to 80 times higher than that found in citrus fruits such as orange.
Also called ascorbic acid, vitamin C is necessary for the growth and development of our body and intervenes in a very important amount of metabolic reactions. Unlike other nutrients that can be synthesized in small amounts within our body, this vitamin is a completely essential nutrient, which is why it is necessary to obtain it through food and/or supplements. In addition, vitamin C belongs to the group of water-soluble vitamins or what is the same, it dissolves easily in water made that makes it difficult to store in our body, so we need a continuous supply of Vitamin C.
Organic acerola powder is essential for the growth and repair of all body tissues. This is because it is involved in the synthesis of collagen, a protein used to form the skin, tendons, gums, ligaments and blood vessels. It is also essential for the healing of wounds and for the repair and maintenance of teeth, bones, and cartilages. Thanks to the incomparable amount of Vitamin C from Acerola, this fruit can be considered as one of the foods of greater capacity ANTIOXIDANT that is found in nature, the function of antioxidants is to block part of the action of free radicals, which they are nothing more than toxic agents that damage our body structures causing, among other things, premature aging, cancer, heart disease, diabetes and even joint diseases such as arthritis.
- Acerola Cherry Extract can improve immune system.
- The Acerola Cherry Extract can help the growth and repair of tissues,
- Acerola Cherry Extract can protect against the harmful effects of pollution
- Acerola Cherry Extract can help prevent cancer
- Acerola Cherry extract can increase iron absorption
- Acerola Cherry Extract can help high blood pressure
- Acerola Cherry Extract – essential for the formation of collagen
- Acerola Cherry Extract can promote the healing of wounds and burns
Organic acerola powder properties:
- It strengthens the immune system, increasing our resistance to colds, flu, and infections in general.
- It helps correct iron deficiency anemia by increasing the intestinal absorption of iron and improving the serum levels of this mineral.
- Antioxidant, fights free radicals, with the consequent benefit at all levels of health, prevents cancer, premature aging, and degenerative diseases.
- It contributes to the formation of collagen in bones, cartilage, teeth, and skin.
- Acerola is the anti-infective par excellence, to be taken as a preventive in case of influenza epidemic (for example) or with a curative character, once the disease has been declared.
- Recommended for all respiratory diseases, as well as allergies to pollen, or hay fever.
- As a reinforcer of the immune system, it reinforces the body’s defenses against microbes and viruses by accelerating the synthesis of antibodies.
- A remarkable antioxidant, it slows down the destruction of cell membranes, counteracting the action of free radicals. Preventive of cancer and degenerative diseases.
- Powerful tonic, very useful in cases of great physical fatigue or in case of nervous exhaustion, asthenia, etc.
- It is an anti-stress that must be taken in the form of a cure, in case of depression, anguish, stress, etc.
- Menopause: This vitamin, along with bioflavonoids, helps to produce more estrogen, decreases hot flashes, irritation and excess bleeding that occurs at menopause.
HOW TO USE:
- The daily dosage is 1 gr. of powder (equivalent to a teaspoon of mocha) of acerola extract (morning or afternoon). The ingestion of this amount contains 170 mg. of natural vitamin C or 155% of the recommended dietary amounts.
- If you take it in capsules are 2 capsules (morning or afternoon). The ingestion of this amount contains 136 mg. of natural vitamin C or 124% of the recommended dietary amounts.
Organic acerola powder – Antioxidant power:
Despite being an incredible source of vitamin C, this small but powerful fruit provides phytonutrients, substances of vegetable origin that plants produce for protection against adverse environmental conditions, and that act as antioxidants in the human body, protecting the organism from the effect of free radicals, helping the elimination of toxins and the prevention of degenerative diseases. There are still more antioxidant benefits of the small acerola because it contains carotenoids, the pigments responsible for its yellowish or reddish coloration, which have also been shown to have antioxidant activity in the body.
If you are lucky enough to get fresh acerola, you can consume it in the quantities you want, since its caloric intake is insignificant: only 30 calories per 100 grams. You can include it in sweet recipes such as jellies and jams, or salty, to make sauces to accompany meats. You can also include it in your shakes, taking care to consume it when it is ripe, which is when it tastes better and its properties are at maximum.